We often get questions about what equipment is needed for Power of Presence SUP (P2SUP). Once you download a collection of our guided meditations for paddling you are just about ready to go.
While people are used to looking for a very stable – wide and with high volume – boards for SUP Yoga, any board will be fine for p2SUP. Since you will simply be paddling while listenbing to the recorded meditations for your mindful and present experience, no solid base for balance poses will be needed.
We use the KIALOA Aloha (board and paddle package) so that we can demo a high value / low expenditure option. No one has been disappointed! Ideal for beginners and sharing with family and friends, the Aloha is a perfect way to get started with the sport of stand up paddling. The 31” wide board provides great stability and makes for easy paddling. The soft top is impact resistant and provides a safe and comfortable way to enjoy the sport. An offset handle makes it easy to transport to and from the water. The four point tie down system is perfect for caring your water bottle or flip flops. Includes 10’ leash for safety and a 10” fin for good tracking. The tail bumper adds durability and is ideal for vertical storage. The package includes the family friendly Aloha Adjustable paddle.
If storage is an issue – or if you would love to check a bag (that includes your SUP board) we also use the KIALOA Napali inflatable. We can’t count the number of times people have come back from a backpack trip (with their KIALOA Napali board and an MP3 loaded with P2SUP meditations) all stoked and excited by the experience.
Whatever your needs, make your decision about what board will be best, grab your paddle and MP3 player (or waterproof case protected phone) and get out on the water. You will love the experience.
You might wonder about our super-cool model. She is Cynthia LaRoche, the soul and spirit behind the meditations you will enjoy at P2SUP. If you want to learn more about all she can offer in the realm of superb yoga instruction and experience, check out Cynthia LaRoche Yoga.
We like to wear performance paddling attire that feels amazing on the skin, moves as we move, dries quickly and looks great. Our “go-to” gear comes from Sweet Waterwear. Some of the stellar characteristics are:
- PERFECT for cooler weather paddling or just to cover up.
- UPF 50+ Outstanding rating in UVA & UVB sun protection
- Silky Soft Comfort– Our special tricot knit is soft & satin smooth, no chafing
- 4-Way Stretch – Premium Nylon/Spandex blend stretches to move with you
- Breathes – Cool touch Tricot knit breathes to keep you cooler & not overheat
- Quick Dry – Thin performance fabric holds less water & Dries Fast
- Mesh Underarm Panels – Cool your core
- No Underarm Seams – Eliminates underarm chafing
- Relaxed Loose Fem Crew Neck – for comfort & easy on / off
- Fab & Fun Colorways
- Raglan Seams
- Flatlock Stitching
- Customizable – Blank front for your club, team or store name &/or Logo
- Multisport / Cross Training – extra versatility, great for any sports activity
- “Made in the USA”