Elder SUP is a collection of shared stories and powerful actions generated by those who balance their standup board adventuress with their love for the waters of our world. We connect across generations, lakes, rivers, bays and oceans.
What’s the SUP Perspective?
It’s the view from above. Literally! For ocean, bay, lake and river loving standup paddlers it is the view we get when we hop on our boards and see our watery world from a new vantage point. That high level view has always been a much more clear view of the world – whether we’re talking politics, religion, education, or the environment. Conversations and hours “talking story” with standup paddlers of all ages inspires this blog. YOUR story, pictures and experience extends the “talk story” tradition of the culture where it all began.
How to enjoy this blog: Search the category menu on the right – or simply put a name or a topic into the SEARCH box.
When you share expertise and time with the youngest generations of SUPers you create a bridge toward continued stewards for the environment. CLICK on any of the links below to start enjoying ELDER SUP “talk story.”
- Does a charging river, a glacial lake, a tropical bay or meandering tributary hold meaning or value to you?
- Do you love the fitness benefits of SUP?
- Do you have the time and energy to add small changes and big attitudes to a cause driven by stories, pictures and heritage – not money?
- Have you spent some time balanced and paddling with a meditative frame of mind?
- Do you simply love the experience of you + water + colors and light?
Looking toward the planet we might bequeath to the youngest generation we can build awareness and inspiration through our stories and influence. Give yourself permission to boldly walk on the waters you love. You are never to old (or too young) to develop the SUP Perspective.
How to enjoy this blog: Search the category menu on the right – there should be something for everyone. Please join the conversation via e-mail, by commenting on this blog and by joining our Facebook group.
Pick a category and start your Elder SUP Adventure. If you’d like to share a story from the SUP Perspective, just let us know.